2015: The year my side business takes off. I am determined to put more energy and effort into Managing and Motivating Math Minds. I am passionate about what I can share and I am blessed with the opportunity to make it happen.
Over the Christmas break, I sat down and came up with some monthly goals that I thought were challenging, yet attainable. But only if I work really hard and have some visual to keep me accountable. I love a good checklist, so I came up with these monthly checklist cards.
I printed them onto card stock and bound them with a key ring. They are sitting on my desk next to my computer and will hopefully help me stay on track as I progress with my store and blog.
You may notice that there are only two blog posts per month on my goal checklist. That is not a lot, but for me, I think that is good. I do not want to post just to post. I want to write sincere and hopefully helpful posts.
I love my TpT store and all that has come with it. Here are a few reasons why I do it:
- It is a wonderful creative outlet for me. I love making the content, but I love the design element, too!
- It has made me a better teacher. More thought goes into my lesson plans and activities. Not all of my lessons are turned into products (or ideas for products), but I consider things in a lesson that I didn't consider before.
- It has given me a meaningful hobby as opposed to time-wasting hobbies, like watching TV or playing on my phone. I can work on the computer and actually feel productive.
- It gives me extra spending money. I would like to share without being insensitive or impolite, but there is not a delicate way to say that some months I have almost made four digits in earnings, but I average over $300 a month, after commission. That's a nice chunk of shopping money. :) And that is with only a handful of products.
- I get to collaborate with educators from across the world in the seller's forum and Instagram. It is so helpful and those people have become friends.
If you are looking for a goal to help you in any of the ways I listed above, consider opening a store. If you have questions, you can ask here in the comments or email me at email@example.com. Or, if you are ready to get started, click the link to open a seller's account. It is free until you decide to upgrade your account to premium.
Remember, your first product must be free to give potential buyers a taste of what your paid products are like, so make it good! After that, sell away!
Good luck in whatever goals you have for 2015. May it be your best year yet!